Successful food management company is looking for a team player to assist with sales tax and other accounting duties. Must have sales tax and accounts payable experience. Must have strong organizational skills, be detail oriented, and flexible. Experience in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks required. Competitive wage and excellent benefit package.
This position will provide support to the financial department of SLA Management by performing various accounting functions including but not limited to: Preparing and Filing sales tax returns, A/P, Payroll and administrative work such as processing weekly/monthly statements, reports, filing and other duties as needed to support the office and Accounting department. The ideal candidate will be well versed in accounting processes, detail oriented and work well with others
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares sales and use tax returns and associated journal entries
- Assists with business licenses filing for new units, unit relocations and license renewals
- Preparation and coding of expense reports
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Post and process journal entries
- Assists with bank account reconciliations
- Assists with general ledger account reconciliations
- Maintain electronic and paper files of accounting records in well-organized manner
- Assist with running financial statements and related reports
- Accounting Degree strongly preferred or combination of education and commensurate experience
- 2 years of experience in Accounting preferred
- High-level of competency in MS Excel and QuickBooks, with applicable accounts receivable/general ledger systems & procedures knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 1-year sales tax experience.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail & organization.
- Must be a team player, reliable and a self-starter.
- Be able to multi-task different projects.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Adaptable, proactive, and dependable work manner
If you feel credentials fit our job position, please submit your resume and we will contact you
SLA Management LLC
SLA Management is a Florida based foodservice management company dedicated to providing high quality, nutritious, and cost efficient meal programs to the academic community.
We recognize the financial and operational challenges facing many schools today and are experienced in developing programs and systems that yield success in various settings.
Our boutique style approach allows us to partner with our schools to create individually tailored programs that meet the needs and goals of every school we serve. Since no two schools are exactly alike – no two programs are exactly alike.
Company Website: slamgmt.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)