School Food Management Company seeking a dedicated and experienced Area Manager for a leadership position in the XXXXXXX market. Open to candidates in other markets who are interested in relocation.
The position is full time, year-round, salaried with bonus, benefits and an excellent working environment. Favorable schedule of mostly Monday-Friday with holidays off. Training and relocation programs are available.
Candidate will be part of a growing and successful company that is a leader in school food service. Applicants must enjoy working in a school setting, and provide a positive and uplifting meal experience.
Candidate for the position of Area Manager will possess the following qualities
- Prefer at least 2 years of multi-unit supervisory experience (Restaurant or Food Service).
- Willingness to travel out of state for portions of training.
- Ability to pass an extensive nationwide criminal background check and fingerprint analysis.
- Must possess top hospitality and communication skills, working well with others.
- College degree, or 3 years Equivalent operational experience in a relevant field.
- 5 years’ experience in food service and fresh food production.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, and documents in both Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with POS and online reporting systems is also strongly preferred.
- Must have strong leadership skills and abilities, coupled with a high level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently while keeping the executive management team updated on pertinent information from the field.
Duties of the Area Manager will include
- Staffing, training and managing school food service staff full time.
- Implementing effective control of sales, food, beverage, paper, chemical and labor costs among all units.
- Achieves predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, sanitation, merchandising and promotion.
- Continuously evaluating performance, encouraging improvement and developing team members. Plans and administers a training and development program within the department to foster a culture of growth and career advancement. Oversees departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Ensuring that resources are in place from both a staffing and supply standpoint.
- Implementing a wide range of functions to insure food quality, production, planning, purchasing, and facility maintenance.
- Working directly with School Cafeteria Leaders in order to develop an in-unit marketing strategy.
If you feel your credentials fit our job position, please share your resume and we’ll be in touch.
SLA Management LLC
SLA Management is a Florida based foodservice management company dedicated to providing high quality, nutritious, and cost efficient meal programs to the academic community.
We recognize the financial and operational challenges facing many schools today and are experienced in developing programs and systems that yield success in various settings.
Our boutique style approach allows us to partner with our schools to create individually tailored programs that meet the needs and goals of every school we serve. Since no two schools are exactly alike – no two programs are exactly alike.
Company Website: slamgmt.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)